The DeSoto County Circuit Clerk serves as the county registrar, whose duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administering and supervising voter registration
- Issue Mississippi Voter Identification Cards to registered voters who do not have any other acceptable forms of photo ID
- Preparing and holding elections
- Serving as staff support to the Election Commission
- Programming election memory cards and encoders
- Maintaining records
- Archiving Election Results
- Performing additional tasks as assigned
Notice to Registered Voters
If you are registered to vote in DeSoto County, please verify your voter registration through the Voter Registration Inquiry.
Reasons to update voter registration are :
- If you have moved within the county
- If you have changed your name
- If you have a change of physical address or mailing address
If you have moved out of the county please send notification to the Circuit Clerk's Office. Voter registration applications (PDF) can be downloaded. These can be mailed to:
DeSoto County Circuit Clerk
2535 Highway 51 S Room 200
Hernando, Ms 38632
Register or Update Your Address
The original Application must be received by the Clerk's office. Faxes or emails are not acceptable on first time registrations. Change to address can be made on the Secretary of State's website.
If you have any questions, please contact the Secretary of State's Office at 800-829-6786 or the Circuit Clerk's office at 662-469-8365.