March 17, 2021 3:04 PM
COVID-19 Vaccinations Available to People 16 and Older
Mississippi is currently offering COVID-19 immunizations to people aged 16 and older.
Eligible patients aged 16-17 will not be able to schedule a vaccine appointment through the online scheduler. In order to be directed to the appropriate site, please contact the COVID-19 Hotline at 877-978-6453 to schedule an appointment, or contact your primary care provider. Please note you will need parental consent to schedule an appointment and receive vaccine through an MSDH Drive through location.
To maximally protect Mississippi residents, COVID-19 vaccines provided in MS are intended only for the following groups:
- Residents who live in the state of Mississippi or
- People who work within the state of Mississippi.
To be effective, TWO doses of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine are required. Both doses must be the same vaccine.
- The second Pfizer vaccine dose should be given within 3-6 weeks after your 1st dose.
- The second Moderna vaccine dose should be given 4-6 weeks after your 1st dose.
(*Both are still effective if received more than 21 or 28 days apart*)
- To make sure you receive the same type of vaccine, please schedule your second dose appointment at the same location where you received your first dose.
The state reports - second dose appointments will be made on-site, after you receive your first dose. If you’ve already received your first dose but have not made a second dose appointment, call the COVID19 Hotline at 877-978-6453 to schedule your second dose appointment.
The state has administered all of its allotment of the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 vaccine. When the state will release more appointments when it receives the next allotment - but there is no word when they will arrive. The Janssen COVID-19 vaccine is a one dose vaccine. No second dose appointment is required.
People with questions or concerns should call the COVID19 Hotline 877-978-6453.