August 2, 2021 11:43 AM
Delta Variant Prompts New COVID-19 Recommendations
The delta variant is affecting a very high number of unvaccinated Mississippians. Delta is also affecting some fully vaccinated persons, especially if they are older or have compromised immune systems.
• Get a COVID-19 vaccination if you are eligible.
• Everyone should wear a mask indoors in public settings, even if you are fully vaccinated.
• If you are 65 years of age or older, you should avoid all large indoor gatherings, even if you are fully vaccinated.
• If you have a chronic medical condition, you should avoid all large indoor gatherings, even if you are fully vaccinated,
IF YOU GET COVID-19 OR ARE EXPOSED
• If you test positive for COVID-19, even if fully vaccinated, you should isolate for at least 10 days from the beginning of your symptoms (or from your test date if you have no symptoms).
• If you are exposed to someone with COVID-19, you should get tested 3-5 days following exposure. In addition, if you are not fully vaccinated, you should quarantine for at least 10 days after exposure . Fully vaccinated persons do not have to quarantine after exposure, but should get tested.