The Mississippi Department of Human Services (MDHS) reopened Economic Assistance County Office locations to the public on Thursday, July 1, 2021.
The DeSoto County MDHS office is located at 3210 Highway 51 in Hernando.
MDHS states people are still encouraged reach out by email and phone. People can also submit applications and request proof of verification online.
SNAP and TANF forms are also online.
You can apply at the Mississippi Department of Human Services website.
People who visit a MDHS office will be asked to observe the following guidelines:
- Practice social distancing of at least six-feet.
- All visitors and clients two-years-old and older must wear a cloth or surgical-type facemask. Face masks must cover the nose and mouth.
- All employees, clients, and visitors in a MDHS county office will undergo a wellness screening upon entry into the facility. Clients and visitors who are symptomatic will not be allowed to enter the facility and will be provided with a telephone interview.
- All employees will wear masks while working with the public regardless of their vaccination status.
- Due to the limited space in many county office lobbies and the required six-foot distancing, it is requested that clients limit the number of people accompanying them to the county office.