Duties & Responsibilities
Appointed by the Board of Supervisors, the County Administrator:
- Carries out the policies adopted by the Board of Supervisors
- Supervises the board and other divisions of county government
- Prepares the budget for consideration by the Board of Supervisors
- Advises the board as to the possible availability of federal or state grants and assistance for which the county may be eligible
- Secures insurance coverage for the county
- Receives inquiries and complaints from citizens of the county, investigates such inquiries and complaints, and reports his or her finding to the board
- Meets regularly with the Board of Supervisors and has full privileges of discussion, but no vote
The administrative services staff support the County Administrator and the Board of Supervisors. They are responsible for:
- Taking and researching citizen complaints
- Creating and maintaining the Board of Supervisor's agenda
- Attending the Board of Supervisor meetings and creating the minutes of each meeting
- Assisting the county administrator with the day-to-day operations of the county
Board of Supervisors Agendas & Minutes
The County Administrator's Office generates the Board of Supervisor's agenda. The agenda is a detailed list of the items to be discussed in a board meeting.
Citizens or organizations wishing to participate in a board meeting should contact this office to be included on the agenda. Questions about the board's calendar should also be directed to the Office of the County Administrator.
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.