Applications are accepted in the County Court Office on the 2nd floor of the DeSoto County Courthouse, located at 2535 Highway 51 South in Hernando, Mississippi. Room 200.
Applications are accepted Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m.
The Clerk's office accepts walk-ins, no appointment necessary.
Obtaining a Marriage License
- To obtain a marriage license is DeSoto County, both applicants must appear before the Circuit Clerk.
- Effective January 13, 2020 the cost of the marriage license increases to $37, we accept cash or card. **Beginning June 1, 2022 there will be a charge to process all credit card transactions.**
- Proof of age is required by both applicants in the form of drivers licenses, ID, passport or birth certificate.
- There is no blood work or waiting period required and the license does not expire once it has been issued.
- If either applicant has been married before we must know the date the last marriage ended. If the divorce was within the last 6 months, we must have a copy of the divorce decree.
- Our office only issues the marriage license, our Judges do not perform ceremonies in DeSoto County.
Parental Consent is required for any applicants under the age of 21. Parental consent forms are available in the office or you can print the Out of Office Parental Consent (PDF) form. The form must be signed in front of a Notary and a copy of the drivers license is required from the parent signing the consent form.