Mark Gardner Priorities
“Government that works together, works better.”
District Two is the smallest district by size, covering 34.46 square miles, but is one of the largest with more than 15,700 citizens. The majority of District 2 is situated in Southaven and Olive Branch and includes the community of Bridgetown. Supervisor Gardner prides himself on working with the municipalities to enhance the lives of citizens.
Public Safety: Keeping the citizens of DeSoto County safe - is a top priority.
As the former Director of Southaven Ambulance Service and a Volunteer Advanced EMT and Firefighter, I have first hand experience on the struggles and triumphs in the field, and what it takes to make sure the public is safe.
- The service of our County Paramedics and EMTS can mean the difference between life and death
- Our Emergency Services & EMA personal are among the best in the state
- Support for our Volunteer Fire Departments and Firemen is vital
- Approved funding training classes for EMTs and Paramedics
- Supported the purchase of new ambulances and firetrucks
I am proud to say I was a Reserve Deputy Sheriff with DeSoto County Sherriff's Department. Our law enforcement should be commended for the risks they face everyday in order to keep the citizens of DeSoto County safe.
Opposes Tax Increases
My 25 years in senior management with Fortune 500 Companies in Telecommunications provided me with vital knowledge and experience. Internet has become a utility that is as important as electricity.