Chancery Court Records

Duties & Responsibilities

The Chancery Court office assists attorneys and the public with filing cases related to divorce, adoption, estates, name changes, emancipation (declaring a minor to be 21 for work purposes), commitments, property title confirmation, property disputes (over $50,000), insurance settlements to minors and Department of Human Services support cases. 

The Chancery Clerk’s office cannot provide legal assistance, but there are resources available to you. These resources are provided as a convenience. Our office recommends that you hire an attorney to assist you if you have any questions or need advice with your Chancery matter.

Filing Fees

Filing Fees are set by statue according to Mississippi Code. The following types of payments are accepted: Cash, Check (no foreign checks), Money Order, Credit Card.  Customers wishing to use a credit card will have to pay a 2.5% convenience fee. That fee is paid to the processing company directly and will show as a separate charge. If you wish to pay with a credit card online, please confirm the amount due and use this link. If you have any questions contact our office by phone (662) 469-8398 or email

Mississippi Electronic Courts (MEC)

All case information (except that which is sealed by the court) is available in our office or through Mississippi Electronic Courts (MEC). There are public terminals available for use in our office for those that do not have access to MEC.  

Passport Applications 

The Chancery Court Clerk’s office is a passport application acceptance facility. Please visit our Passport page for more information.